“Why chiropractic?” you may ask.
Because we live our lives through our nervous system.
Right now, your heart is beating. Your lungs, your kidneys, liver, brain – everything in your body – is functioning in a coordinated effort thank to your nervous system. Your nervous system is the master system and controller of your body.
Think of the electrical system in your home. When a power surge stresses the system, a circuit breaker trips to prevent the house from burning down. What if this circuit led to the refrigerator? The food inside would start to spoil unless you could get the power turned on before it was too late. The problem is not the refrigerator but the power to the refrigerator.
The tripped circuit breaker disrupts the refrigerator’s power source preventing the refrigerator from operating efficiently. In regard to your body, when interference is present, your nervous system is underpowered.
An underpowered nervous system limits the body’s ability to operate at peak efficiency – and your health potential begins to “spoil.”
You were born to be healthy. If you are not experiencing robust health, then something is interfering with the program.
What causes interference in your nervous system?
Areas of interference in the nervous system are known as subluxations. There are three types of lifestyle stress that can cause subluxations:
what you do to your body.
what you put inside your body.
what weighs on your mind.
When these stresses combine and overwhelm your body’s ability to process them, you develop subluxations. Your chiropractor has the knowledge, technology, and desire to find that interference and remove it.
The Top Three
1. Drugs make you healthy. You don’t get headaches because there is a lack of Tylenol in your blood!
2. Germs make you sick. Have you ever been in a house with four kids where two got the flu and two didn’t? They were all exposed to the same germs. The difference is their immune system’s ability to fight the germs. Stress reduces immune function. Chiropractic boosts it.
3. My insurance company cares about my health. Do you think it is a good idea to entrust your health and well-being to your insurance company, managed care organization, or the federal government? Of course not. Your health is your responsibility. Your chiropractor will make recommendations based on what you need to achieve the best health possible, not based on what your insurance may cover.
The Top Three
1. Chiropractic is only for back and neck pain. The first chiropractic patient was deaf and had his hearing restored after a chiropractic adjustment. That was over 100 years ago. Chiropractic doesn’t treat any specific medical condition. The chiropractic adjustment helps improve nervous system function so the body and immune system function better.
You need not suffer from a particular condition to enjoy the benefits of chiropractic – you simply must have the desire to be as healthy as possible.
2. Chiropractic is just for adults. On the contrary, chiropractic is GREAT for kids! Numerous case studies show that chiropractic is very safe and effective for children of all ages. A wellness lifestyle including chiropractic care makes for a happy family!
3. Once you go to the chiropractor, you have to keep going back. Going to the chiropractor on a regular basis is a healthy lifestyle choice. However, the healthier you live outside the chiropractor office, the less time you’ll need inside it. Healthier living means less stress and therefore fewer subluxations. Compare your chiropractic visits to working out at the gym or seeing the dentist. Your fitness is maintained or improved with additional workouts and dental appointments can be less frequent if you take good care of your teeth. Remember, your health is your responsibility!